[mythtv-users] [Solved] MythWeb change of port

Bob Long bob at oblong.com.au
Wed Aug 19 23:26:31 UTC 2009

Bob Long wrote:

> That is, I want MythWeb to operate on port 81, say, rather than port 80,
> the default. I know that editing /etc/apache2/ports.conf is part of the
> answer, but it doesn't work for me. My ports.conf is:
>
> -------------
> NameVirtualHost *:80
> Listen 80
>
> <IfModule mod_ssl.c>
>     # SSL name based virtual hosts are not yet supported, therefore no
>     # NameVirtualHost statement here
>     Listen 443
> </IfModule>
> -------------
>
> Browsing to http://<IP_address>/mythweb/  (the default) works.
>
> But if I simply change the "Listen" to 81, it doesn't work[..]

I'm not sure exactly what I did differently... but in ports.conf I
changed to:

NameVirtualHost *:81
Listen 81

It turns out that the site that was trying to be used in sites-available
is default-mythbuntu; I changed <VirtualHost *:80> to <VirtualHost
*:81>, restarted apache and it worked. So, the sequence was:

edit ports.conf as above
sudo a2dissite default-mythbuntu
Then edit sites-available/default-mythbuntu as above
sudo a2ensite default-mythbuntu
sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart

I'm not sure if a2ensite added any magic ingredient, but it now works.

--
Bob Long