[mythtv-users] Capture Card Power Requirements

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Aug 20 15:15:21 UTC 2009

On Thursday 20 August 2009 09:05:12 James Crow wrote:

> After typing the above text I removed the PSU and voided the warranty.
> It has two failed caps in it. So now I am in need of a new power supply.
> I have used Antec almost exclusively in the past, but am open to other
> brands. At work we have a Zalman on our test bench and it has performed
> very well. The Corsair seem to be highly rated on NewEgg.

I'd add PC Power and Cooling to that list. A bit pricey, but good units IMHO.

The well-known brands are probably better to a point, they want to maintain
their reputation, and usually have a better RMA policy and procedure than the
Brand-X units.

Of course you could try to replace the bad caps, that's pretty much up to you.

--
Brian Wood
beww at beww.org