[mythtv-users] Problem with MythWeb streaming music

Joe Ripley vitaminjoe at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 16:03:57 UTC 2009

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 8:18 AM, Sebastian Buks<sebastianbuks at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have MythWeb fully functioning except one small thing. I can't stream
> music. Well, I can't authenticate. using VLC I do get a authentication box
> with username and passwd for the correct realm. But Apache2 log says:
>
> [Thu Aug 20 14:11:10 2009] [error] [client X.X.X.X] Digest: user sebastian:
> password mismatch: /music/stream
>
> However it is the correct password I set to log into MythWeb. I have never
> specificly created a password-file for just this dir. Also streaming from
> the video dir works fine.
>
> What am I missing here?

This has been covered in the past
(http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/361692#361692).

Many media players do not implement authentication properly.  The
easiest way to get streaming to work is to disable authentication for
the actual streams.  Try using a directive like this (outside your
<Directory> blocks):

 <LocationMatch .*/music/stream.*>
  Allow from all
 </LocationMatch>