Sebastian Buks sebastianbuks at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 20 19:44:35 UTC 2009

>> I have MythWeb fully functioning except one small thing. I can't
>> stream
>> music. Well, I can't authenticate. using VLC I do get a
>> authentication box
>> with username and passwd for the correct realm. But Apache2 log says:
>>
>> [Thu Aug 20 14:11:10 2009] [error] [client X.X.X.X] Digest: user
>> sebastian:
>> password mismatch: /music/stream
>>
>> However it is the correct password I set to log into MythWeb. I
>> have never
>> specificly created a password-file for just this dir. Also
>> streaming from
>> the video dir works fine.
>>
>> What am I missing here?
>
> This has been covered in the past
> (http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/361692#361692).
>
> Many media players do not implement authentication properly.  The
> easiest way to get streaming to work is to disable authentication for
> the actual streams.  Try using a directive like this (outside your
> <Directory> blocks):
>
> <LocationMatch .*/music/stream.*>
>  Allow from all
> </LocationMatch>

There is a part of the mythweb.conf which has this already configured
(although commented at first). Removing the comments did little for me
as VLC still shows an authentication box and apache2 log still saying
the same thing. I do have authentication for MythWeb as a whole. Is
the LocationMatch variables placed wrong? See http://www.pastebin.ca/1536772

regards Seb