[mythtv-users] Snow on analog stations

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Fri Aug 21 00:56:47 UTC 2009

Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> Hi
>
> On 21/08/2009, at 10:25 AM, Harry Devine <lifter89 at comcast.net
> <mailto:lifter89 at comcast.net>> wrote:
>

>> So nobody has ANY ideas on this?  I tried updating the nVidia video
>> driver (see this thread if interested:
>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/392515?search_string=185.18.31;#392515)
>> thinking that would help, and I get the same problem.  Same errors,
>> etc.  I have "Open DVB on demand" checked as suggested on the Ubuntu
>> forums and it makes no difference.  I'd say that 90% of what I record
>> has to be recorded using the Analog portion of the card, and with
>> this problem, I can't do that.  Basically, my box is almost
>> completely useless at this point.
>>
>> I've had similar issues in the past with this, and it was always
>> either the video driver or that setting, but neither are it in this
>> case.  I'd really appreciate hearing from someone who has had similar
>> issues and how they got around them.  Just to further troubleshoot, I
>> did plug the coax directly into my TV and the analog stations tuned
>> without an issue, so its DEFINITELY a Myth problem.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Harry

> Why would the video card driver have anything to do with a tv
> Capture card?
>
> Some weird concepts at stake here.
>
> Have you tried changing the power cord? ;)

I agree about the video driver, but about a year or so ago, I had
similar issues, someone suggested updating the driver, I did and it
fixed it.  So I thought I'd try it again.  I'm running Mythbuntu 9.04.
Do you think it could be something with the v4l drivers that are
installed out of the box?  How can I check them?

I didn't try changing the power cord.  Why would that matter?  Unless
you're joking with me about that. LOL!

Thanks,
Harry