[mythtv-users] Fanless cpu & vdpau card

Robert Dyer rdyer at iastate.edu
Fri Aug 21 02:23:47 UTC 2009

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 8:33 PM, Johnny<jarpublic at gmail.com> wrote:
> processors, it is only the single core Atom 230's that are fanless. I
> think the dual core Atom 330's typically recommend a fan.

Yes the 230's are all fanless and the 330's come with a fan.  From
everything I have read it is highly recommend to use it, but in theory
you don't have to.

There are several threads about the Zotac ION boards and they seem to
be doing well with VDPAU, even the Atom 230 versions of that board.
You might look into that or wait and see what the next iteration of
the ION platform offers.