[mythtv-users] Stumped: MySQL and accessing the BE from a separate FE

Joe Ripley vitaminjoe at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 14:45:48 UTC 2009

On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 5:57 AM, Craig Huff<huffcslists at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm wondering if mySQL is matching on a different rule that doesn't
> allow your client in before it gets to the ones you added to allow it.
>
> Maybe seeing what else is in the user table would be enlightening.
> What do either of these commands show?
>
> mysql> select User, Host from user;
> mysql> select <ALL? All? all?> from user;   <--not sure what the right
> case is for "all" here in mySQL syntax; might need to try each (and
> lose the angle brackets!)

I agree... let's take a look at that user table:

mysql> use mysql;
mysql> select User,Host,Password from user where User like '%myth%';
mysql> select User,Host,Db from db where User like '%myth%';

(You can censor the password field if you like, I just want to know if
there is something in the password field at all)

--
Joe Ripley
vitaminjoe at gmail.com