[mythtv-users] Consecutive recordings / overlapping

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Fri Aug 21 21:08:39 UTC 2009

Lindsay Mathieson wrote:

>You can set it per recording when setting a new recording in mythweb (The
>Program Detail Page), it hidden by default - you need to click show in the
>Advanced Options:(show) Label at the right hand side. This opens up a new set
>of entries with "Start Early" and "End Late" at the bottom.
>
>You can set the defaults for these in the mythfrontend setup,
>
>- Setup
>- Setup
>- TV Settings
>- Recording Priorities
>- Set Recording Priorities
>- Default "Start Early" and "End Late" entries

OK, if I set this for recording rules, it expands the recording it
matches and creates conflicts - eg if one program finishes at 8pm,
then it won't record a program on a different mux that starts at 8pm.
With padding, it is scheduling as if one program finishes at 8:10 and
the later one starts at 7:55 (with -5/+10 settings).

I do have DefaultEndOffset and DefaultStartOffset set in the settings
page of MythWeb, and it is padding recordings when possible. Just
checking, I've got recordings for TOTP2 on Dave : The first in a set
started at 7am, is 35min long (extra 5 min at start), and ended at
7:30. Then there are two that are 30min long, and finally one that is
40min long (10 min padding at end).

--
Simon Hobson