[mythtv-users] Problem with Apple Trailer Grabber

David Knight dlknight at sdf.lonestar.org
Sat Aug 22 12:31:01 UTC 2009

On Fri, August 21, 2009 9:38 pm, Yeechang Lee wrote:
> Johnny <jarpublic at gmail.com> says:
>> Apple changed stuff yesterday when they released the Avatar trailer.
>> Now you can only download from quicktime. If you are able to change
>> it so that you can give the quicktime user agent then you will be
>> allowed to download again. I know you can do it with wget:
>> http://www.hd-trailers.net/blog/2009/08/20/direct-download-links-from-apple-are-not-working/
>
> Thanks for the pointer. Adding
>
> -U QuickTime/7.6.2
>
> to the wget line in the download script solves the issue. Delete the
> extraneous index.html* files in the trailers' directory.
>
> --
> Frontend/backend:	P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array
> Backend:		Quad-core Xeon 1.6GHz, 6.6TB sw RAID 6
> Video inputs:		Four high-definition over FireWire/OTA
> Accessories:		47" 1080p LCD, 5.1 digital, and MX-600

Script updated to 0.4.2.3 -
http://www.mythtv.ukpc.net/mythappletrailer-0.4.2.3.tar.gz

More information - http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Myth_Apple_Trailers

NOTE: Use of this script may break Apple's TOS so your use of this script
is at your own choice. Full disclaimer is contained within the download.

http://www.apple.com/legal/terms/site.html