[mythtv-users] Mac Mini Video Acceleration Question (h.264)

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Sun Aug 23 22:00:59 UTC 2009

On Aug 23, 2009, at 1:49 PM, Brian Wood wrote:

> On Sunday 23 August 2009 11:45:22 Jarod Wilson wrote:
>> On Aug 22, 2009, at 1:54 PM, Mitch Gore <mitchell.gore at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>> Nope, that's not it. Might be useful when the solution I'm thinking
>>> of is coupled with Intel graphics though... :)
>>>
>>> I dont get it.  Why the secret?
>>
>> Not at liberty to divulge more info just yet. It'll be worth the wait
>> though, trust me. :)
>
> I certainly understand NDAs and the like.
>
> But could you at least tell us what hardware to *not* invest in
> right now?
>
> As an example, I'd hate to go spend money on an ION machine only to
> find it is
> obsolete and that a better solution exists.

Just bought an ion myself, they won't be obsoleted. In fact, you could
actually use this *with* an ion system of the right type if you really
wanted to. Not entirely possible to give a definitive answer on what
kinds of systems *won't* be able to use this yet, as uptake will
likely play a part in what form-factors the offering takes on...

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com