[mythtv-users] mythweb not asking for passwords

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 16:26:54 UTC 2009

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 12:22 PM, Scott Macdonell<genius9976 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> In case anybody comes across this with a similar problem, I haven't figured this out. I installed mythdora 10.21 and mythweb seems to work fine.

Not reading the whole thread I believe your problem was

<Directory "/var/www/html">

#
# Possible values for the Options directive are "None", "All",
# or any combination of:
#   Indexes Includes FollowSymLinks SymLinksifOwnerMatch ExecCGI MultiViews
#
# Note that "MultiViews" must be named *explicitly* --- "Options All"
# doesn't give it to you.
#
# The Options directive is both complicated and important.  Please see
# http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/core.html#options
# for more information.
#
   Options Indexes FollowSymLinks

#
# AllowOverride controls what directives may be placed in .htaccess files.
# It can be "All", "None", or any combination of the keywords:
#   Options FileInfo AuthConfig Limitasking
#
   AllowOverride All

#
#
   Order allow,deny
   Allow from all

</Directory>

Removing this (or implementing tighter security there) should have
fixed the issue.

John