[mythtv-users] menus spontaneously and uselessly rearranged themselves

Guyren G Howe gisborne at emailuser.net
Wed Aug 26 21:15:03 UTC 2009

> From: "Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] menus spontaneously and uselessly
> 	rearranged	themselves
> To: Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
>
> On 08/26/2009 03:53 AM, Guyren Howe wrote:
>> A few days ago, my MythBuntu 9's menus were suddenly rearranged. The
>> root menu was for playing back recordings, and everything else was
>> under Utilities/Setup.
>>
>> I didn't rearrange this myself, and no-one else in my household has
>> the skills to do this. I wonder how it happened, but more
>> importantly,
>> is there some command to reset the menus to something sensible?
>
> You've*** switched from the default Menu Theme to the DVR Menu Theme.
> Go to frontend settings under Appearance Settings to change it.

Ah. Then what actually happened is that a few days ago, all my
settings had mysteriously disappeared. It had switched to the ugly
orange theme and lost tuner settings. I hadn't done anything to cause
this; I hadn't really done anything to the machine lately.

So in restoring my theme, I chose the wrong menu theme.

Still mysterious why all my settings disappeared. Thanks for the help,
and for this amazing project!