[mythtv-users] MythVideo Storage Groups on Trunk

Bob Cottingham bobnvic at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 22:21:21 UTC 2009

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 3:51 PM, Robert
McNamara<robert.mcnamara at gmail.com> wrote:
> Bear in mind that it is *far* from complete.  I'm working to get it as
> close as possible to feature complete by the release, but there will
> be a number of things missing from the SG functionality that exist in
> the local functionality.  I've outlined them in the articles above.

Thanks for writing such a clear and comprehensive article and putting
it on the wiki. I appreciate it and am very interested in the work
going into the MythVideo plugin.  The storage groups sound great,
however the deal killer for me is that mplayer will not work for
videos in storage groups as I frequently come across files that do not
work with the .21 internal player and have to resort to mplayer.  I've
long wanted a quicker and easier way to change the video player and  I
was excited to see the support for alternative players added recently,
which should make switching to mplayer much easier than having to go
to the file in the video manager and type out mplayer in the player
field.  It might be nice to mention that in the article as well. Since
I'm still on .21, I don't know enough about it to make the changes.

Thanks for all the work you've done on mythtv, I'm really looking
forward to upgrading soon.

Bob