[mythtv-users] Can not get Hauppage HVR-4000 working for DVB-S

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 20:18:03 UTC 2009

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 1:09 PM, sacha<sacha at hemmail.se> wrote:
> Hello
>
> This is my first post on this list so sorry if I am asking something
> wrong.
> I have used Mythbuntu quite a long time now but never was completely
> satisfied with that particular distribution.
> I have a DVB-C card from Terratec, a HVR-4000 card from Hauppage which I
> want to use with all its features i.e.
> DVB-T/DVB-S/DVB-S2/Analog/FM-Radio.
> I compiled a trunk svn version according to the instructions from Mythtv
> WIKI for Ubuntu Jaunty. I am on 64-bit Jaunty.
> DVB-C card works, DVB-T part of the Hauppage card works though with
> freezing picture compared to the Mythbuntu version. DVB-S part does not
> work at all. For some reason I cannot connect the lnb. When I am in
> connection section of setup and push unconnected field nothing happens.
> Where the problem could be?

When in that page, press down once to highlight unconnected before
pressing enter.  It's a known bug that should be fixed very soon.

> Some more newbie questions:
> 1. How properly clean up the svn installation for new install? Update?

make distclean

then

svn up

then compile as normal.

> 2. Is there any way to search through this mailing list?

Here you go:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/

Just be sure to follow the dev and commits lists closely if you are
running trunk, a lot of fixes (especially to the channel scanner/DVB
setup are going in every day right now-- in fact, a whole bunch just
went in a moment ago.

Robert