[mythtv-users] Low-profile, analog tuner card (not PVR series)

Quinten Steenhuis q.steenhuis at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 27 20:47:40 UTC 2009

Hi,

I bought a PVR-150 recently, and am giving up on it after weeks of trying to debug DMA errors and timeouts that kept producing 0 byte recordings. After doing some searching, this appears to be a known problem with some motherboard/PVR combinations.While I'd love for my PVR-150 that I already paid for to work, I think that's a lost cause.

Any recommendations on a reasonably priced analog capture card, for US cable, that will fit my low-profile case? I am willing to consider a USB device. However, the only one that I saw that looks like it will work is a PVR-USB2, which apparently sometimes has the same issues with zero byte recordings, so I would prefer an alternative, as I suspect that I may one of those who would experience the issue.

I would consider a frame-based capture card, but obviously hardware capture is a big plus.

My other tuner is a HD Homerun, which works great.

Quinten