[mythtv-users] (US) Goodbye to unencrypted QAM...

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 22:19:44 UTC 2009

> Can you suggest a good indoor antenna?  I assumed anything I bought for
> indoor use would just be a fancier version of rabbit ears.
>
> Antennaweb says I need a "VHF blue" antenna, which they define as a medium
> outdoor directional antenna with a preamp.

You may want to check out www.tvfool.com also. I find their feedback
to be much more helpful. They give you a nice little map (indicating
directions for each channel) and a color coded list of channels you
can receive, where the colors correlate with laymen terms like "indoor
set-top antenna", "attic mounted antenna", etc.