[mythtv-users] (US) Goodbye to unencrypted QAM...

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Thu Aug 27 22:53:20 UTC 2009

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 03:05:30PM -0700, David Brodbeck wrote:
> jedi wrote:
>>     Rabbit ears might not do it. OTOH, you might not need some 8 bay
>> deep fringe monstrosity sitting outside either. I get all my locals
>> with an indoor antenna.
>
> Can you suggest a good indoor antenna?  I assumed anything I bought for
> indoor use would just be a fancier version of rabbit ears.

   I have one of those big folding antennas. They come in a sort of white
plastic housing and fold out to about 4ft. Just visit your local Voldemart
and try what they have. Their liberal return policies make it easy to try
various antennai until you find one that works.

   Being on the first floor bite though. Antennas like height.

   Make sure to point it in the right direction.

   In the worst case you just annoy the local Walmart.