[mythtv-users] (US) Goodbye to unencrypted QAM...

Dale Pontius DEPontius at edgehp.net
Fri Aug 28 01:49:31 UTC 2009

Brian Wood wrote:
>>> You didn't mention what speed the $300/month buys you
>> Good point, but I don't know. I lost interest as soon as I heard the
>> $300 price )-:
>
> As would I. Even if they provided an OC-48 into your home, I simply would not
> pay that much.

Besides, don't forget, they'd give you an OC48 for $300/mo, but then
even with 25 static IP you'd only be supposed to connect 5 PCs to it,
run no servers, say nothing bad about their service in public, etc, etc,
etc.  These are the days of the infinite fine-print license.  Crowley
was absolutely correct, in "Good Omens."

Dale