[mythtv-users] EPG hang mythtv .22 (still)

Kevin Johnson dabears_rule at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 28 04:39:19 UTC 2009

Re: EPG hang mythtv .22 (still)

 On 08/27/2009 09:53 PM, greg wrote:
> Kevin Johnson wrote:
>> I moved to trunk hoping the bug with EPG guide hanging would be fixed.
>> I STILL have problems.  Will this be addressed in this version?
>> I know this is not final release, but I was hoping to see an
>> improvement.
>>
>> This is the bug that happens when you select guide while watching an
>> interlaced source.  The only way I have heard to work around this is
>> to press pause before entering the guide.
>> When I was back on .20, this was not an issue for me.
>> Since .21 and now .22 it is still a problem.
>> I have tried all deinterlace options.
>>
>> Other that this one issue for me, mythttv is awesome.
>> System info.
>> Ubuntu 9.04
>> Nvidia 6200
>> trunk .22
> Have you filed a bug report? Not all the developers read this
> list...You could also search the mythtv trac archive and see if there
> is an active ticket...If there isn't file one..

There was a ticket at http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/3986 .  The
issue was "fixed" with a workaround for 0.21-fixes and trunk, but since
then a "proper" fix went into trunk.

Are you sure the issue you're seeing is the same?  That issue shouldn't
have existed on 0.21-fixes for the last 11 months.

Mike

It still seems the same to me.  I posted about it in the ubuntu forums a few months ago and there I was told it was a known bug, with no fix.
I just now moved on from .21 stable.
I can make the guide work fine if I disable sync to vblank, in the nvidia-settings.
No, I have not filed a ticket.  Where and how should I do this?