[mythtv-users] Motion Blur in sporting events

The GUIGuy linux at finalfiler.com
Fri Aug 28 06:15:59 UTC 2009

Tim Higgins wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have myth TV working great. I'm using 0.21, via an original XBMC front
> end on a CRT television.
>
> The picture is sharp for standard programming however whenever there is
> any sporting events with fast moving action, football etc. I get motion
> blur. What steps can I take to fix this?

Probably incorrect interlace/ de-interlace settings? ON CRTs you should
be using interlacing, AFAIK

This is a good starting point, although it is mainly about de-interlacing

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Deinterlacing

The GFX card can affect this as well. What card have you got and what
driver are you using with it?

--
The GuiGuy

   ,-._|\