[mythtv-users] Poor PVR-150 Composite Video Capture

Mache Creeger mache at creeger.com
Fri Aug 28 16:21:59 UTC 2009

I split the analog SD composite video and audio output with from my
Comcast Motorola SD STB four ways with a distribution amplifier. The
SD composite video viewed directly on the SD TV is great, but pretty
poor when viewed on myth via my WinTV PVR-150.

Video from the same cable feed via the PVR-150's analog tuner is
excellent. Given that I have swapped the PVR-150's composite video
cable and switched composite video ports on the distribution
amplifier and determined that neither is the problem, I believe this
is a software issue. What suggestions do any of you have to fix this problem.

I am running Fedora 10, myth 0.21.212

# uname -r
2.6.27.30-170.2.82.fc10.i686
# rpm -qa | grep ivtv