[mythtv-users] Help compiling mythtv from svn on Fedora

John Nissley jnissley at nissley.org
Fri Aug 28 22:10:42 UTC 2009

On 08/28/2009 02:38 PM, Joe Ripley wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 12:42 PM, John Nissley<jnissley at nissley.org>  wrote:
>

>>> I don't use Fedora, so I can't speak for its packages.  What version
>>> of the NVIDIA driver does the 'kmod-nvidia' package install?  Perhaps
>>> its older, and doesn't include VDPAU (I think the minimum required
>>> driver version is 180.06).
>>>
>>> As for disabling the VDPAU support in the spec file, simply
>>> un-commenting the line will not work.  You need to include the switch
>>> on the command that builds the RPM file.  (i.e. rpmbuild -bb
>>> mythtv.spec --without nvidia).
>>>
>>> Alternatively, you can modify the spec file directly.  The configure
>>> options are defined near line 889 in the spec file (my version is
>>> r21546).
>>>

>> The rpmfusion kmod-nvidia buid is a high enough version
>> rpm -qa | grep kmod
>> kmod-nvidia-2.6.29.6-217.2.16.fc11.x86_64-185.18.14-1.fc11.8.x86_64
>> libmikmod-3.2.0-4.beta2.fc11.x86_64
>> kmod-nvidia-185.18.14-1.fc11.8.x86_64
>>
>> I did notice this in the mythtv.spec file.  How can I get the RPMFusion
>> mythtv.src.rpm file and how do I install it into my build tree?  I have the
>> RPMFusion repos already enabled in my repos directory.
>> # Note:
>> #
>> #     This spec relies upon several files included in the RPMFusion mythtv
>> #     src.rpm file.  Please install it into your build tree before trying to
>> #     build anything with this spec.
>>
> Jarod keeps those things current and updates the Fusion repository.
> Those questions are best answered by him. :)

I have tried everything I can think of and can still not compile the
RPM's.  I want to list my procedure and please someone let me know what
I am missing.
1) Make a directory named mythtv under my root directory and set
permissions to the user that will be doing the build.
2) cd /mythtv
3) svn co http://svn.mythtv.org/svn/trunk
4) cd trunk/packaging/rpm
5) ./build_myth.sh

On my first run I needed to install some dependencies but then the
compile completes to this point and then stops.  I have tried to disable
vdpau support but so far have not figured out how to do so.   I thought
it would be as easy as an entry in the .spec file but I could not figure
it out.

cd mythjobqueue/ && /usr/lib64/qt4/bin/qmake mythjobqueue.pro -unix
PREFIX=/usr/local -o Makefile
/usr/lib64/libGL.so: undefined reference to `_nv000030gl'
../../libs/libavcodec/libmythavcodec-0.22.so: undefined reference to
`aac_decoder'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [mythtv] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/mnt/home/jnissley/rpmbuild/BUILD/mythtv-0.22/mythtv-0.22/programs/mythtv'
make[1]: *** [sub-mythtv-make_default] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/mnt/home/jnissley/rpmbuild/BUILD/mythtv-0.22/mythtv-0.22/programs'
make: *** [sub-programs-make_default-ordered] Error 2
error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.ILZQ1P (%build)

Thanks again for the help.