[mythtv-users] Why did you pick MythTV VS the other PVRs?

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Sat Aug 29 02:33:37 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-08-28 at 01:36 -0700, Tom Sparks wrote:
> Why did you pick MythTV VS the other PVRs?

At the time it was the only DVR that supported HDTV.
This was before the Linux DVB drivers supported ATSC,
so it was with V4L digital extensions and the only
card supported was the pcHDTV HD-2000.

Of course, this is not the reason I continue to use
MythTV. I continue to use it because of the killer
features. For example: timestretch, multiple backends
and frontends, and the quick edit capability (which
allows me to excise Elmo from Sesame Street).

-- Daniel