[mythtv-users] Call for iMON testing

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Sat Aug 29 03:12:15 UTC 2009

On Friday 28 August 2009 20:22:28 Christian Szpilfogel wrote:
> Jarod Wilson wrote:
> >> I'm probably going to regret turning on delivery of mail from this list
> >> again, but I'd like to reach out to as many iMON users as possible...
> >>
> >> I've done a *MASSIVE* overhaul of the lirc_imon driver over the past
> >> week and a half, and would like people to test out the new code.
> >
> > ...which you can of course obtain from lirc cvs:
> >
> > http://lirc.org/cvs.html
>
> Hi Jarod,
>
> I finally got a chance to test this on KnoppMyth 5.5 with device:
> Bus 003 Device 002: ID 15c2:0043 SoundGraph Inc.

Can you verify exactly what device that is? I don't know if I've got
it marked 100% correct in the lirc_imon source... I have:

/* Antec Veris Multimedia Station Basic Internal */

> I wanted to verify this ahead of mythtv 0.22 and LinHes 6 so we could
> simplify the scripting.
>
> This device used to create both lirc0 and lirc1 but now with the cvs
> version it successfully merges them both on lirc0. Yippee! yes I know
> this was intended.

Indeed, that was one of the major reasons for the massive overhaul.

> It seems to work well for the tests I did. However I did notice that the
> IR codes changed somewhat. For example, eliminating toggle bit on one
> stream (so neither requires it) and returning 64bit values, for example:
>
> On /dev/lirc1 I used to have:
> PrevChapter              0x2B9115B7
>
> I now get on /dev/lirc0:
> PrevChapter              0x2B9115B700000201
>
> On /dev/lirc0 I used to have:
> 1                        0x200001E
>
> I now have:
> 1                        0x0200001E00000000

Yeah, using the full 64 bits is necessary for handling all the possible
codes on the newer devices.

> So I guess we will have to regenerate the lircd.conf (unless someone has
> already done this).

See lircd.conf.imon-antec-veris, it should actually work for any device
in the 0x0034 to 0x0046 range, antec-branded or soundgraph-branded. I
use this myself with both the iMON remote and my Harmony 880 now.

> Also note that I could not get lirc-0.8.6pre1 to compile on knoppmyth
> however the cvs version compiles just fine. With pre1 I was getting the
> following make failure:

Yeah, that was a targeted fix in cvs. lirc-0.8.6pre2 ought to be out
this weekend, fwiw.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com