[mythtv-users] Geforce 8600 S-Video Problems

Greg Hermsen g.hermy15 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 15:41:00 UTC 2009

I just upgraded my BE/primary FE box.  Previously I had a single core with a
Geforce 5200.  In that setup, but the computer monitor out and s-video tv
out worked without problems.  In that box I replaced the motherboard,
processor and video card (Geforce 8600).  I assumed that since it used the
same driver, it would just work when I booted up.

With the new config, the computer monitor works.  I played with driver
settings and now the computer resolution is stuck with a max of 640x480.  I
can't see all the screen to modify settings.  This is a secondary issue that
if anybody can tell me how to fix, I'd be very grateful.  I'd like to get
800x600 on the monitor.

My primary concern is that the S-Video out is not working properly.  During
bootup, I get at white outline around the Mythbuntu boot-screen.  Text
screens display ok.  Once the boot process gets the the main desktop screen,
the screen is very distorted.  The top half of the screen displays on the
bottom and the bottom on the top.  Half the screen has vertical lines
running through it.  I can make out part of a message that says I'm running
in low graphics mode.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the NVidia drivers but that didn't fix
the issue.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I'm dead in the water on
this one.

Thanks,
Greg