[mythtv-users] Help compiling mythtv from svn on Fedora

John Nissley jnissley at nissley.org
Sat Aug 29 17:57:21 UTC 2009

>/  *** I have one question before I continue.  Do I need a VDPAU capable
/>/  *** video card to do the compile?
/
Um. No. That would be utter nonsense.

I assumed so but I have been bitten by assuming before.

I tried a 'make distclean' and then a new configure and still a failure.
I see it chokes on this line:
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/4.4.1/../../../../lib64/libGL.so: undefined reference to `_nv000030gl'
So I did a 'find / -name libGL.so' and got this
/usr/lib/libGL.so
/usr/lib64/libGL.so
/usr/lib64/nvidia/libGL.so

Why doesn't the directory listed in the error show up when I do the find and
what is the full path to that directory?

I did read that if you are building on a 64 bit installation that you should
change the configure to include --libdir-name=lib64 so I did that and the
compile still failed.  Some times I think the 64 bit version is more trouble
that it's worth.

I want to thank you again for helping./
/