[mythtv-users] Why did you pick MythTV VS the other PVRs?

The GUIGuy linux at finalfiler.com
Sun Aug 30 01:29:12 UTC 2009

Michael T. Dean wrote:

> Uh, pretty sure it does.  A single, dedicated backend can shutdown when

Mike,

I was being a little tongue in cheek. I know we are supposed to be able
to this in MythTb. But I have spent so much time on trying to sort this
out that it isn't funny any more. So I feel a little envious when I look
at that other OS & MCE, which does autosleep/ autowake as a matter of fact.

IMO MythTV (and Linux distros generally) are too flaky when it comes to
this kind of functionality.

Cheers

--
The GuiGuy