[mythtv-users] Zotac IONITX kernel config anyone?

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Sun Aug 30 05:38:53 UTC 2009

>   It looks like you're doing pretty much what I did. Gentoo, FE-only, but
> mine's a dual-core, not a single-core.  Marc T. is doing a single-core and
> is using the same .config as I am now (unless he's made additional
> changes).
>
> Anyway, I posted my config file at:
> http://www.zoomthingie.com/wordpress/2009/08/11/zion-tweaking/
>
> Feel free to read through the adjustments I had to make with the Zotac
> board
> and let me know if you have any questions or see something I've done
> wrong!
>
> --Phill
>

> I am still using the same kernel with the modifications that I sent to you
> which you noted in your post.
>
> Robin, I built my entire zotac based system before I even had the machine
> by
> chrooting into a folder on my AMD64 backend machine and using a make file
> built for the zotac.
>
> Because they are both 64 bit machines you can build it as a 64 bit system.
>

> Below you will find my make file. I commented out distcc and ccache
> options
> as you will need to know how to set those up before you enable them.
>

> # cat /etc/make.conf

Now that is very useful - I've been having problems with CPU detection
cross compiling from amd64 so now I know it can be done!!

I'd goggled that the CPU flag should be set to Prescott but I'm getting
segfaults on the frontend with that so I'm going to try your make.conf
file and emerge --emptytree world to clean it all up. Only about 220
packages so it won't take too long :-)

I'm certainly finding pxelinux to be so much better than the pxegrub I've
been using for the last 4 years - my current frontend I've already cut
over to it and I'm netbooting the Zotac OK now.

Starting with 0,21-fixes for now so I'll be able to switch frontends
easily but ultimately 0.22 is the reason for this Zotac board!!

Many thank to you and Phill for your help so far.

--
Robin Gilks