[mythtv-users] Zotac IONITX kernel config anyone?

Marc Tousignant drayson at net1plus.com
Sun Aug 30 06:14:41 UTC 2009

Now that is very useful - I've been having problems with CPU detection
cross compiling from amd64 so now I know it can be done!!

I'd goggled that the CPU flag should be set to Prescott but I'm getting
segfaults on the frontend with that so I'm going to try your make.conf
file and emerge --emptytree world to clean it all up. Only about 220
packages so it won't take too long :-)

I'm certainly finding pxelinux to be so much better than the pxegrub I've
been using for the last 4 years - my current frontend I've already cut
over to it and I'm netbooting the Zotac OK now.

Starting with 0,21-fixes for now so I'll be able to switch frontends
easily but ultimately 0.22 is the reason for this Zotac board!!

Many thank to you and Phill for your help so far.

--
Robin Gilks

If you have been compiling as 32bit until now, you will have to do a lot
more work than just dropping in my make.conf
Changing CHOST is a pretty complex process. You can find docs how do that
here, http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/change-chost.xml

You mention cross compiling, I'm not doing it here. AMD64 is a keyword not a
compiler. If your 2 machines have difference CHOST's that is cross
compiling. The zotac boards can be run with a CHOST of x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
or i686-pc-linux-gnu, however you get the most out of the system when using
x86_64-pc-linux-gnu. If both your systems are x86_64-pc-linux-gnu then you
also won't be doing cross compiling.
If however, your other machine is i686-pc-linux-gnu you will have to setup a
cross compile config. You can do this by following these instructions,
http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/embedded/cross-development.xml

If you are planning .21 I recommend John Drescher's overlay,
http://github.com/drescherjm/jmdgentoooverlay

When you are ready, I have been maintaining an overlay of my own for trunk
at http://wiki.github.com/MarcT/mt-mythtv

Read the wiki for both to see how to set them up.

Marc