[mythtv-users] mythbackend leaking file descriptors/sockets?

Joel mythtv at ebel.mybox.org
Sun Aug 30 07:19:34 UTC 2009

Joel wrote:
> I'll start by re-enabling EIT just on channels without SD data.  If I
> still see it leaking fd's I'll try to dig a little deeper.

It turns out that even if I only scan channels with no SD data, I still
get a fd leak.  Here's an example of an strace of a thread responsible
for the leak:
http://ebel.mybox.org/fdleak.trace

Any ideas what might be causing that?  I'm not familiar enough with the
code to trace this back to what's causing it.  It's obvious that the EIT
scanner is related, and that this thread is communicating with the
hdhomerun on fd 7.  But I can't figure what it opens fd 24 for.  And
apparently neither can mythbackend.

Thanks,
Joel