[mythtv-users] Live TV Playback is too slow - mythtv-0.21-211

Jan Andrejkovic jandrejkovic at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 13:30:15 UTC 2009

Hello Mike,

 I'm assuming you're capturing standard-definition (720x576) MPEG-2.
>  Otherwise...

I'm capturing whatever is broadcasted in Freeview channels in the UK, not
sure if some channels are already in the HD...

In Utilities/Setup|Setup|TV Settings|Playback on the 3rd screen, change your
> Playback Profile group from CPU+ to (the default configuration of) Slim.

Thank you very much for that advice, it helpded a lot, picture is now
smooth, I also changed sound input to alsa:default and sound is OK as welll.
Also I have to admit the picture is in a little bit less quality comparing
to live playback on the TV - I assume it is because of this Slim profile.

Now I have a chanlenge to setup remote (lirc) properly on my
WinTV_Nova-T_USB2.

Remote almost works - I tried to set lirc up as per
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Hauppauge_WinTV_Nova-T_USB2 , and my lircd.conf
and lircrc are set as adviced. However some of the buttons on my remote do
not make any action: Record button, OK button, pause button, skip, replay,
channel up and channel down buttons - these all don't do anything (despite
the diode on the box is blinking when I'm pressing them)
I also tried to run irw and I see appropriate codes when I'm pressing them.

On the other hand, arrow buttons, volume buttons and number buttons work
fine.

Do you please have any hint about lirc?

Thank you very much in advance,

Jan