[mythtv-users] Help compiling mythtv from svn on Fedora

John Nissley jnissley at nissley.org
Sun Aug 30 14:03:35 UTC 2009

I am glad your compile worked that at least means that it is a problem
on my end that needs to be resolved.  Please keep in mind I am using the
build_myth.sh script found in the packaging/rpm directory and I am not
making any changes to it before running it.

I went further back and found the following error:
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lphonon
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [libmythui-0.22.so.0.22.0] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/home/mythmaker/rpmbuild/BUILD/mythtv-0.22/mythtv-0.22/libs/libmythui'
make[1]: *** [sub-libmythui-make_default] Error 2

I hope this helps give you an idea of what I am missing.