[mythtv-users] Call for iMON testing

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Sun Aug 30 17:15:45 UTC 2009

On Sunday 30 August 2009 11:22:23 Christian Szpilfogel wrote:
> Jarod Wilson wrote:
> > On Saturday 29 August 2009 20:56:33 Christian Szpilfogel wrote:
> >
> >> Jarod Wilson wrote:
> >> Oddly the following code for MouseKeyboard does not work. I don't even
> >> receive the IR code with mode2. yet with the previous driver (0.8.5pre1)
> >> this code worked fine. Your lircd.conf has the correct code that I use
> >> in 0.8.5pre1 as well, it just never shows up. Strange.
> >>

> > That's 100% by design. The MouseKeyboard button toggles the iMON PAD
> > and/or RM-200 remote's pad between mouse device mode and arrow key
> > mode. Its consumed internally by the driver, its not passed through to
> > userspace at all anymore.
> >

> Ah ha! Given it was coming through before I was using it as a special
> key to use for powering down my system. In other words, instead of using
> the toggle power button, I use the normal power to boot the system
> (which as you know the receiver interprets when the system is off) and
> then I used the "useless" MouseKeyboard button to shutdown the system
> via irexec.
>
> So if you still feel it is better to absorb it

It is.

> then I will look for another key to map my power down to.

Yeah, you're gonna have to. :) We're actually using the key the way it
was intended to be used now. Admittedly, the mouse device support is a
bit less-than-useful in MythTV, but its rather nice to have when you
don't have mythfrontend up and running to get around w/o having to have
a mouse handy I have a gyration wireless keyboard and mouse, but the
mouse has died on me, so now I just use the pad for mousing when the
need arises.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com