[mythtv-users] MythTV DB upgrade from schema 1160 to 1214 stuck at schema 1181?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Aug 30 21:45:12 UTC 2009

On 08/30/2009 03:21 PM, Craig Huff wrote:
> I am in the process of migrating from MythTV 0.20.2 on FC6 to
> MythBuntu 9.04 on the same hardware, but a different O/S disk.
>
> I have managed to get MythBuntu installed and dropped the mythconverg
> database, created an empty mythconverg database and restored from my
> 0.20.2 backup.
>
> On entering mythtv-setup (from Mythbuntu Control Center), it asked
> several preliminary questions and then asked for permission to upgrade
> from schema 1160 to 1214.
>
> A separate terminal window opened and started reporting progress with
> messages about "Upgrading to schema version nnnn", however this
> stopped at version 1181 about twenty minutes ago -- it only took about
> 30 seconds to get from 1160 to 1181.
>
> I doubt it is supposed to take this long.  Any one have advice on what
> I do next?

Yeah, it shouldn't take that long.

If you stop it mid-1182 update, it won't hurt, as 1182 is idempotent.
So, feel free to kill it, then restart and see if it works the 2nd time.

(Note that if it happens to have gone beyond that update, other updates
may not be as forgiving as 1182, so make sure you keep that pre-upgrade
backup.)

Mike