[mythtv-users] "Forget Old" button broken in mythweb

nik gibson nik.gibson at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 05:42:55 UTC 2009

On Sun, Aug 30, 2009 at 11:09 PM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com>wrote:

> On 08/30/2009 03:53 AM, nik gibson wrote:
>
>> It seems the button "forget old" is broken in mythweb.
>>

> It works fine for me on SVN trunk r21597 (I /just/ tested it to prove to
> myself) and, TTBOMK, there were no commits anytime in the last few months
> that would have affected it.
>
>   I'm running the weekly mythweb trunk builds and I've confirmed that the
>> "forget old" button in the mythweb does not trigger the program to be
>> re-recorded
>>

> Note that Forget Old has never triggered a program to be re-recorded.  It
> simply marks the episode such that it is not considered in duplicate
> matching.  Therefore, you still need to have an active recording rule that
> matches the episode for it to be re-recorded (or you need to create a new
> rule).

Thanks for the reply.  I should have phrased it better.  The forget old does
not "forget" the recording.  It is still listed as having been recorded.
All I am looking to do is be able to forget the old recording and
re-schedule it manually myself.

>  though it triggers a re-schedule message in the backend log.
>>

> And, if it's not re-recording after the reschedule that almost definitely
> means you have no active recording rules matching the episode.  If the
> episode is still listed as a duplicate, then I'd need a lot more information
> to tell you exactly what's happening because the rules of duplicate matching
> are rather complex and don't always work the way you'd think.
>
> If you're looking at the database directly and noticing that the episode is
> still listed in there after Forget Old, then you're making assumptions about
> the data that are untrue.  You should really be using the UI to manage your
> Previously Recorded.  Specifically, go into mythfrontend's Previously
> Recorded screen, find the episode and hit D (which is DELETE and /not/ the
> same as MythWeb's Forget Old--Forget Old is more like the "Allow this
> episode to be re-recorded" you get from the menu and MythWeb doesn't have a
> Previously Recorded page, so doesn't have the DELETE functionality).

I'm looking in the database and the recording is still listed in the
oldrecorded table.  From what I've read the oldrecorded table holds
recordings which have been previously recorded.  Is that assumption wrong?
Note this also applies when I use the "Delete and allow Re-Record" button in
the mythweb recordings page.

I would love to sit at my myth box and use the UI to manage this but I
travel for work so I have to be able to do it remotely.

Any help would be much appreciated.  Is there a reason why this
functionality would not work in mythweb?  The recordings are successfully
deleted off the file system but still show as having been previously
recorded.