[mythtv-users] (US) Dump Comcast for a dish, good Mythtv decision?

Dave Richardson mythtv at derdev.com
Mon Aug 31 13:20:46 UTC 2009

Since we had such a robust discussion last week about Comcast potentially
encrypting (and thus requiring "Boxes"), I wanted to float a question
about whether there's merit in dumping Comcast for a dish provider?  I
don't use Comcast for broadband or telephony, so it's only a content
viewing decision for me.

It looks like it's easy enough to set up some IR blasting
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Controlling_DirecTV_Set_Top_Box_%28STB%29_via_USB_or_Serial
Any other comments?

(Moderators, if there's a better forum for this, please let me know)
Thanks.