[mythtv-users] Attic antenna

Matthew Zimmerman mzimmerman at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 15:45:14 UTC 2009

On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 10:55 AM, jason maxwell<decepticon at gmail.com> wrote:
> Right now I have a tinfoil and coat hanger quad bowtie antenna in the attic
> that works very well.  I'm ~35-45 miles from 2 major cities (DC/Baltimore).
>  Right now I'm grabbing all the DC stations with no problem.  If I turn the
> antenna, I can pick up some Bmore stations too.  I would like to make a
> second antenna so that they can be simultaneously pointed at each city.
>  Would this work if I just hooked both to a simple splitter, or do I need a
> fancy combiner of some sort?

Jason, I'm in the same situation (Crofton).  I only have one VHF/UHF
antenna indoor as my outdoor one is UHF only.  I receive most of the
DC stations but am missing some of the Baltimore stations.  I combined
my indoor antenna with my outdoor antenna, but instead of getting
better, the signal just seemed to get worse.  If I could do it all
over again, I'd try something like this --
http://www.dennysantennaservice.com/DTV3_a.html  The most important
part of that is the Winegard CC7870 Antenna joiner.  I haven't tried
it out quite yet.