[mythtv-users] noob install video problem

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 17:00:44 UTC 2009

> I think this line in the BACK end is where I'm getting a problem:
>
> "SampleRate: Attempted to add a rate 32000 Hz, which is not in the list
> of allowed rates."

I believe this is referring to the audio sampling rate of you pvr350.
You can change it in the settings for your recording profiles. Not
that LiveTV uses its own recording profile. I seem to remember having
the same issue with one of my pvr150's a long time ago. Go to Settings
-> TV Settings -> Recording Profiles -> MPEG-2 Encoders. Then edit the
profile you want to, probably Default and Live TV. On the 4th page you
should Codec: MPEG-2 Hardware Encoder and below that the sampling rate
is listed. My pvr150 is set to sample at 48000.

Also if you are running Mythbuntu or Ubuntu I would highly recommend
adding Mythbuntu's weekly builds repository. That will give you all of
the most recent bug fixes that have been added to the .21-fixes
branch, there have been a lot since .21 came out. Go here and they
will have a package that will set up the weekly builds repository for
you: http://www.mythbuntu.org/auto-builds.