[mythtv-users] MythTV choosing incorrect tuner for recording.

sport1f at blueyonder.co.uk sport1f at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Aug 31 19:04:30 UTC 2009

I have recently added a second tuner card to my MythTV (0.21) setup. The
original card is a NOVA-T500 (dual DVB-T) and the new card is a NOVA-HA-S2
(DVB-S). After several attempts I now have both cards usable for watching
TV and recording (sometimes).

This is the process I followed to set it up.

1) Deleted all cards, channels and sources.
2) Added both cards. DVB-S0, DVB-T1 and DVB-T2 each with max 4 recordings.
3) Added a RadioTimes source which includes the superset of channels
obtainable from both cards.
4) Connected all cards to the same source.
5) Edited the channel table to set sensible channel numbers (channum),
enter icons and xmltvids.
6) Ran mythfilldatabase.

The problem I have is this. Where a station is broadcast on DVB-T and
DVB-S there are two entries in the channel table for it. (The icon,
callsign, and xmltvid which are the same but tuning information is
different.) MythTV is choosing to record a terrestrial channel but
selecting a satellite tuner which obviously fails.

An example:
---------------
Channel FIVE occurs in the channel table as
channid 1005, channum 5, mplexid 4, serviceid 12866 (terestrial) and
chanid 7335, channum 128, mplex 48, serviceid 6335 (satellite).

This is the output of a join of capture card and cardinput.
"displayname","videodevice","cardid","cardinputid"
"DVB-S0","0",1,1
"DVB-S0","0",2,2
"DVB-S0","0",3,3
"DVB-S0","0",4,4
"DVB-T1","1",5,5
"DVB-T1","1",6,6
"DVB-T1","1",11,7
"DVB-T1","1",12,8
"DVB-T2","2",7,9
"DVB-T2","2",8,10
"DVB-T2","2",9,11
"DVB-T2","2",10,12

Now MythTV is selecting a program on FIVE to record and choosing channel 5
(which I take to be channum 5 which is terestrial) and tuner '1' (which I
take to be cardinputid 1 which is satellite).

If I spot this in advance I can edit the schedule and tell it to prefer
input DVB-T1 it then switches to tuner 12.

Can someone please explain why this is happening and how to fix it.

Thanks for any help.