[mythtv-users] HD file playback

Danie cilliedg at sabc.co.za
Tue Dec 1 07:35:08 UTC 2009

Thanks Stuart,

it did not help.

I have for some reason lost all audio on Mythbuntu. The only application
that works is XBMC.

I'll have to investigate further when I have some more time. I am really
getting fed up with Mythtv; if it wasn't for the TV interface I would
delete it and just use XBMC.

Regards,

On Fri, 2009-11-27 at 07:06 -0600, Stuart Larson wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I hope somebody can help me as I can't figure this out.
> >
> > Mythbuntu installed and running well but when I want to play HD files
> > (m2ts or ts) the video plays perfectly but there is no audio. Also no
> > audio with Matroska container files.
> >
> > If I play the same files in VLC there is video and audio; so surely that
> > indicates that the codecs are installed?
> >
> > Regards,
> >

> Would this archived thread on gossamer-threads.com be of any help?

Danie Cilliť
Engineering Consultant
Studio Technology

SABC
Radio Park
Henley Road
Auckland Park
2092

Tel:        +27 11 714-4074
Fax:       0866514926
Cell:       083 449 5115
e-mail:   cilliedg at sabc.co.za

Disclaimer: Everything in this email and its attachments relating to the official business of the SABC is proprietary to the SABC. If the email is used other than for official business of the SABC or the views and opinions expressed in the email are not authorised by the SABC, the views and opinions expressed are those of the individual sending the email.
The content of this email is confidential, legally privileged and protected by law. The person addressed in the email is the sole authorised recipient. Please notify the sender immediately if this email and its attachments have unintentionally reached you; do not read, copy, disseminate or use the content in any way and delete the email and any copies of it.
Whilst all reasonable precautions are taken to ensure the accuracy and integrity of the information, and that this email and its attachments are free from any virus, the SABC accepts no liability however arising or responsibility whatsoever in this regard, and in keeping with good computing practice, the scanning of files and attachments is advised.