[mythtv-users] OT: Winter Hill work 2nd December?

Justin Hornsby justin0hornsby at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 14:11:44 UTC 2009

Mike Holden wrote:
>I'll need to find out the frequencies first then do the tuned scan?
>
>Would doing a scan using dvb-scan and then using the channels.conf file in myth work?

Either should be fine - even just finding out the frequency of one
multiplex & doing a 'full scan (tuned)'

Oh, and folks living near a regional border (or those with
inappropriately large aerials!) should be aware that power levels of
transmissions may be increasing - thereby increasing the likelihood of
finding non-local multiplexes. Those should only crop up in a full
scan though - or at least shouldn't be hard to weed out with a bit of
nouse.

Regards,
Justin