[mythtv-users] Hide certain channels from certain frontends

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 19:47:03 UTC 2009

2009/12/1 Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>:
> On 12/01/2009 05:14 AM, Jelle De Loecker wrote:
>>
>> Is there a way to hide certain channels from certain frontends?
>> I have 1 frontend that isn't HD-capable (an AppleTV), so everytime an HD
>> channel is chosen it crashes.
>
> Channel groups.  (0.22 and above)
>
>> Also, when I watch an HD channel on another frontend the "startup channel"
>> will be changed to that HD channel for all frontends, which is very
>> annoying.
>
> That you can't change.  Time for a new frontend, perhaps?

What about extending channel groups to include mythfrontend LiveTV
playback, so that if the starting channel is not in the frontend's
playback channel group, it will ignore the (potentially unplayable)
starting channel and start on one it can handle? Something to add to
my ever-growing todo list perhaps?

Certainly cheaper than a new frontend!

Cheers,
Nick