[mythtv-users] ION boards, 230 vs 330, fans?

Greg Cope gregcope at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 22:35:44 UTC 2009

On 30 Nov 2009, at 14:50, JEDIDIAH <jedi at mishnet.org> wrote:
>    Whether or not the fan in the Revo or other 330 based systems is
> an issue is a matter of personal preference and how you deploy the
> unit.

Worth mentioning that in my experience the revo 330 fan is no louder
that a reasonable laptop.  Not silent, but virtually silent from a few
metres away.

I struggle to hear mine when at the other end of the room and this in
in a quite location.

If you want silent go for something fanless.  If you are willing to
accept laptop levels of noise then I doubt you will be disapointed.

Greg