[mythtv-users] OT: Winter Hill work 2nd December?

Mike Holden mythtv at mikeholden.org
Wed Dec 2 12:03:27 UTC 2009

Simon Hobson wrote:
> Mike Holden wrote:
>
>>This failed initially, due to the correct frequency information
>>being wrong in the file
>>/usr/share/dvb-apps/dvb-t/uk-WinterHill
>
> On my Debian setup it's /usr/share/dvb/dvb-t/uk-WinterHill

This will obviously vary slightly from one distro to another!

>>It lists only the 2k settings, not 8k. I assume the dvb people and
>>the packagers will
>>catch up with this at some point.
>>
>>If you update this file to include the following line (as root), and
>>save it, then
>>scandvb will work correctly and produce a channels.conf file.
>>
>>T 801833000 8MHz 3/4 NONE QAM64 8k 1/32 NONE
>>
>>Running a channels.conf scan works using the generated file. Just
>>checking using LiveTV
>>(only time I use it!), and the first few channels look fine.
>
> No luck here :-(
>
> I'm on version 0.21.svn20080706-0.0, I guess it's fairly old, but I
> don't really want to change anything at the moment.
>
> dvbscan just fails with "Unable to query frontend status" which
> Google tells me is (or was ?) a common bug. However scan worked and
> found the five muxes I expected to be present.

Did you stop your backend first; maybe that has locked the card? Is your dvbscan package
up to date?

> Bug when I go into mythtv-setup and tell it to import channels.conf,
> it just says "Timeout Scanning n -- no signal" where n goes from 0 to
> 4. Ticking the "Ignore timeout" button makes now difference.

How can you run this if you haven't generated a channels.conf in the previous dvbscan step?
--
Mike Holden

http://www.by-ang.com - the place to shop
for all manner of hand crafted items,
including Jewellery, Greetings Cards and Gifts