[mythtv-users] Nightly shutdown + RTC Wakeup

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 17:48:33 UTC 2009

> I know Mythtv has shutdown times and settings in mythtv-setup but I dont see
> how it can help me in my case.

The above calls a shutdown script when the backend becomes idle (no
recordings or connected frontends) and passes it the wakeup time for
the next recording.

So you could create a shutdown script that compares the input
parameter with 07:30am and passes the earlier of the two times to RTC
wakeup.

Caveats.

I use ACPI (APCI?) wakeup, rather than RTC Wakeup but I assume they
work in similar ways.
I don't use mythwelcome, which might complicate things a little, but I
assume there's a script in there you could modify.
I don't know how to compare two datetimes in a script but assume that
with a little googling I could work it out.