[mythtv-users] Nightly shutdown + RTC Wakeup

Scott Colbeck scolbeck at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 17:49:50 UTC 2009

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 9:26 AM, Mitch Gore <mitchell.gore at gmail.com> wrote:
> The logic I need:
>
> If recording occurs between now (11:30) and 7:30am
>   set wakeup 10 mins before program start
>   at program end Goto begining of script and recheck for another recording
> else
>    set timer to wake-up at 7:30am
>   shutdown
>
> How can i accomplish this?
>
> --
> Mitchell

In mythtv-setup, there are options related to this.  You can specify
options such as wake-up time x min before the next scheduled recording
and how often to perform a shutdown check.  If the shutdown check
passes, the backend can pass the next wakeup time to your own script
to set your RTC clock.

I have my scripts setup so if I am actively using the computer for
non-myth purposes, the shutdown will be cancelled.  In this way, I
never actually shutdown my backend...Myth does it automatically when
it is not recording and my script returns I am not otherwise using it.

See the Wiki page for more information:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/ACPI_Wakeup

Scott