[mythtv-users] Using the mythconverg_backup.pl script (slightly OT)

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Thu Dec 3 03:35:27 UTC 2009

I've been using the mythconverg_backup.pl script in a cron job for a few
weeks now.  I have it on a 7 day rotation.  I have another PC in the
house that is running plain-jane Ubuntu 9.10 and I want to archive my
database backups to that PC.  I have the authorized_keys mechanism
working properly between the 2 PCs, but I'm a little unsure of how to
get only the latest file over there.

What I'd really like to have is the same 7 files on both machines.  But
how do I do this?  Do I issue some sort of remote shell command to
delete the files on the backup PC then copy over the Myth backup files?
Perhaps create a cron job on the backup PC to cleanup the directory at a
time BEFORE the new backups come over?

I'm sure I'm over thinking this a little, but I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks,
Harry