[mythtv-users] Using the mythconverg_backup.pl script (slightly OT)

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Thu Dec 3 04:59:25 UTC 2009

Yikes!

Always mount a scratch monkey.  (http://edp.org/monkey.htm, f'r'instance.)

Another, more-aggressive way to be sure(r) is to do something like
  mount -o remount,ro /dev/whatever
before your test.  Assuming it's not a system drive.  And assuming
you think you might be about to make a mistake, but if you knew
-that- in advance...

(I really, really wish modern disk drives had physical write-protect
switches on them somewhere.  I've wished this ever since they went
away, as part of the transition to nonremovable media.)