[mythtv-users] mythbuntu boot problems on new system

Travis Tabbal travis at tabbal.net
Thu Dec 3 15:44:46 UTC 2009

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 8:27 AM, David L <idht4n at gmail.com> wrote:

> and it boots fine with to the mythbuntu 9.10 USB Live.
> But I installed my hard drives last night and can't
> get mythbuntu happily installed on them.  When
> I boot to the hard drive, I get a flickering console
> login screen with messages like this:

Install or update the NVidia driver. aptitude install nvidia-glx-190. If
that doesn't work you might need -195, I'm not sure what version you need
for that card.

Irritating that it doesn't just give you a console message about it and stop
trying to load X. It's trying to do the whole "failsafe" X thing and, well,
failing. It happened to me as well. I did it via SSH.