[mythtv-users] Advice on media players

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Dec 3 18:23:44 UTC 2009

On Thursday 03 December 2009 11:04:07 am Richard Morton wrote:
> Get a revo (or similar atom/ion device).
>
> Seconded...

My Revo arrived yesterday. I'm trying to decide on the best way to set it up.

I wasn't aware it had an E-SATA port, but I don't think it will need a hard
drive, even the 2.5" drive it came with will probably go somewhere else.

The proverbial $99 frontend seems distant, but a $199 HD F/E seems very
reasonable.

My only real gripe is the Microsoft tax for the XP that's pre-installed.

The lack of an SPDIF port is probably not a big problem, if I can get audio
out of the HDMI port.